Advertisement

Hoffenheim's Julian Nagelsmann plays down Bayern Munich speculation

Hoffenheim's Julian Nagelsmann plays down Bayern Munich speculation
From ESPN - October 12, 2017

Hoffenheim coach Julian Nagelsmann says he has not been approached by Bayern Munich to take charge of the German champions next season.

Earlier this month, Jupp Heynckes returned to Bayern as their new coach until the end of the season following the dismissal of Carlo Ancelotti, with the club saying the move has brought them more time to find a permanent solution.

Alongside former Borussia Dortmund coach Thomas Tuchel, Nagelsmann, 30, has been strongly linked with a move to Munich, where his family is based, and was last week photographed in the city.

But speaking to reporters ahead of Hoffenheim's Bundesliga clash against Augsburg on Saturday, Nagelsmann said he has not been in contact with Bayern.

"There is not and was not any approach or exchange with the club or any contact from my side," Nagelsmann said. "It's all a little bizarre how it's all being reported because there's been no offer, no approach and 0.0 percent contact from me to anybody.

"I am often portrayed as a nomad or vagabond who keeps on changing clubs but I have been a coach here for seven years since 2010. I have come a really long way at Hoffenheim and am really grateful to have received the opportunity to coach and prove myself with the under-16, U17 and U19 sides all the way through to the first team. It's great fun.

"I am focused on the job here and repeating the success we had last season. That's what spurs me on. I have nothing else in my head."

Advertisement

Continue reading at ESPN »