Advertisement

Besiktas' Cenk Tosun open to England move despite Crystal Palace failed bid

Besiktas' Cenk Tosun open to England move despite Crystal Palace failed bid
From ESPN - September 20, 2017

Besiktas striker Cenk Tosun has told ESPN FC that Crystal Palace failed in a bid to sign him this summer, but added he would like to move to the Premier League one day.

Palace made Besiktas a 13.5 million offer on the final day of the transfer window for Tosun, 26, but saw the bid knocked back by the Turkish club.

"Crystal Palace offered 13.5m on transfer deadline day," Tosun said. "Had they made the bid a week earlier I would be playing in the Premier League right now. I would only leave Besiktas if I made my club money and if the circumstances are right."

Tosun also reportedly attracted interest from Newcastle in the summer and Tottenham have become the latest club to be linked with the Turkey international.

Tosun was among a group of players Spurs scouted during Besiktas' 3-1 Champions League win against Porto earlier this month, with the forward scoring a stunner against the Portuguese side.

Tosun said he continues to be aware of interest from the Premier League and that he could end up playing in England next season.

"All I am focused on right now is Besiktas -- we are doing well in the Champions League and league," Tosun said. "I am really happy at Besiktas but like Arda Turan and Nuri Sahin I want to be an ambassador for Turkey abroad. I am keen on playing in England.

Advertisement

Continue reading at ESPN »