Advertisement

Motor racing-Perez stays with Ocon at Force India in 2018

Motor racing-Perez stays with Ocon at Force India in 2018
From Reuters - September 17, 2017

SINGAPORE (Reuters) - Mexican driver Sergio Perez will stay at Force India next season in an unchanged line-up with Frenchman Esteban Ocon, the Formula One team said ahead of the Singapore Grand Prix on Sunday.

The deal will take Perez, who joined the Silverstone-based outfit in 2014 after a single unhappy season at former champions McLaren, into a fifth successive season with the team.

Alongside Esteban, retaining Sergio gives us stability going into next season and one of the most exciting driver pairings in Formula One, said the teams co-owner and principal Vijay Mallya.

The Mercedes-backed 20-year-old joined Perez at Force India at the start of this season.

The pair have clashed on track several times but have been instrumental in putting the outfit on course to finish fourth in the overall standings for the second successive year.

Staying with Sahara Force India was always my priority, said Perez, who had been linked with other teams including Renault who have now opted for Spaniard Carlos Sainz.

Its a team that has allowed me to show my talents as a driver and I feel very happy here.

Im proud of everything we have already achieved together and I think there is more to come.

Advertisement

Continue reading at Reuters »