Advertisement

Sergio Perez: Force India retain Mexican driver for 2018 season

From BBC - September 17, 2017

Sergio Perez is to stay at Force India for a fifth consecutive season in 2018.

The 27-year-old, who had been in the frame for a Renault drive before the French team committed to Carlos Sainz, said staying was an "easy decision".

Perez said: "Staying with Force India was always my priority. The team have allowed me to show my talents as a driver and I feel very happy here."

The Mexican added: "I am proud of everything we have achieved and I think there is more to come."

Perez will again partner Frenchman Esteban Ocon, who was already contracted to the team for next season.

The pair have had a number of on-track incidents this season, but the team have threatened them with fines if there is a repeat - and the tense atmosphere between them seems to have relaxed in recent weeks.

Co-owner and team principal Vijay Mallya said: "Sergio has played an important role in our success story over the last few years. Since joining us in 2014, he has matured to become one of the quickest and most consistent drivers on the grid.

Team set for name change

Advertisement

Continue reading at BBC »